Wayland Games

Thursday, October 29, 2020

It's nearly November (already!)

 With Halloween coming up, it means it's nearly November. A lot of us are saying that 2020 is a year to forget, it certainly is that, the pandemic is taking it's toll on everyone. Will 2021 be much different though? I hope so!

November see's the release of more codices, namely the Space Wolves and Death Watch, along with their data cards, new units, dice and combat patrol starter boxes.


Spaces Wolves is the main concern for me with the other twin having them as their main army lol The brand-new unit, the Hounds of Morkai is a dedicated psyker-hunting pack equipped with runic totems to protect them from psykers from what I can see. Whilst this shouldn't be an issue for my Necrons, they could prove a thorn in my Blood Angels side.

The combat patrol boxes look great though, 17 & 15 miniatures (Space Wolves & Death Watch respectively) that all look to be Primaris scale and one of which is a baby carrier for Space Wolves and Aggressors for the Death Watch. Hopefully the Blood Angel version will be pretty much the same! As each box comes with 500 points (much like the current starter boxes) these are great way to begin a collection or even start playing Warhammer 40,000 and great value when you consider buying the units individually would cost considerably more. The Space Wolves one does seem to be better value with two additional miniatures whilst the Death Watch one appears to have more character models.


 
Loving the new dice sets as well, such a shame they go out of stock so quickly as I've never been able to find anyone who can make custom dice. Messages to the one's I have contacted come back with nothing and those that do respond seem way to pricey for what you are asking for (Comment below if you know of any place that does custom dice in the UK for a decent price and let me know your experiences).

Also glad that Ragnar Blackmane and Ghazghkull Thraka are making a come back. My Orks need a leader and I was worried I would have to miss out as I wasn't going to pay the silly prices on ebay for the recent box set that contained them both lol






No comments:

Post a Comment