Wayland Games

Monday, October 26, 2020

Blood Angels

 Well after displaying my Necrons, it's only fitting that I put up my blood angels too. This is where it started for me, back in the late 80's. When I first started playing I only knew of the Blood Angels chapter, how things have changed! Some of these are old but I like to think my painting quality has progressed lol For full disclosure I was in and out of the hobby over the years and back full time on it in the last 12 months


My Aggressors, probably the first unit I considered I had painted "neat" and without having the codex at the time, I did them all as Sergeants lol I know better now, like how I have also done the actual Sergeant as a flamer rather bolter. This doesn't work in 9th (not sure it was strictly valid in 8th lol) as they all need to have the same weapon type. At some point I will get another unit so I can have a unit of each weapon type, at which point I'll probably paint over the shoulders of two of them lol


My first tank. This Baal Predator came with the starter box for Blood Angels and when I painted it I wanted the "fresh out of the factory" look lol This is another of my 'go back to' models which at some point I will do more work on to make it look battle scarred.




The Sanguinary Guard, enjoyed painting these, simple because they wasn't overly difficult to paint after a base coat of gold. Enjoy playing them as well, they are a nice break from the normal BAs.


My Terminators are a mix of Space Marine Heroes and those (I think) I got from the Battle of Macragge box set back in the day.






No comments:

Post a Comment