Wayland Games

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Display4Top Multi-Purpose Pro Airbrush Compressor System


So this is me unboxing the Display4Top Multi-Purpose Pro Airbrush Compressor System I bought recently on Amazon. Now, I'm no airbrush expert and I've bought this as it was the cheapest one on Amazon that came with an airbrush(es). The whole reason for getting an airbrush and compressor was simply for priming and base coating my miniatures, at over £10 a time for a spray can, I had to find a more consistent and cost effective replacement.



So far I've tried two of the three airbrushes that came with the compressor, the first being the cheaper (looking) black one. Wasn't impressed to be honest, even with the PSI gauge turned up to max it didn't seem to have a consistent spray and I'm was hoping this one would be good for base coating due to its large glass paint pot (I'm sure there's a proper name but like I said, I'm no expert). The little one page manual that came with the airbrush recommended around 30psi but I couldn't seem to get that out of the compressor. Further testing/fiddling/trying might change my view on it.



The other one I have tried and stuck with is the silver one with the gravity fed top bowl (is that the right terminology?). This worked well, perfect for my needs which is mainly priming and base coating miniatures. The bowl was able to hold enough to prime the 20 miniatures I had waiting with still some left over, would probably cover 25/30 depending on size and that's me just plastering the spray over the models.



The final one, with the red back part, I haven't tried yet. If anyone fancies educating me on the differences between these three please feel free to contact me!

The compressor does get hot after extended use, though priming 20 models didn't take me long so it wasn't that evident to me (yet!). All in all, I'm happy with it so far, meets my needs perfectly as a beginner. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment